Monday 2 July 2018

How I use apple cider vinegar in my health and skin care routine




I purchased the healthkart apple cider vinegar for around 499/- INR. There was an offer and so I got 2 bottles (500 ml each) for the price of one.
                        
I had been reading a lot about the benefits of apple cider vinegar and I decided to incorporate the same in my daily health and skin care routine. I’ve been using this product for around a year now and I’ll mention in short how this vinegar benefitted me.



I start my day by taking 1 tsp apple cider vinegar, 1 tsp organic honey and 1 tsp lime juice in warm water. This concoction helps in improving your digestion and the immune system. It also helps in keeping your weight in check. Now, after one year I take apple cider vinegar only once a week.

I also use apple cider vinegar on my skin. In a glass of water, I added 2 tbsp of apple cider vinegar. I poured this mixture in an ice cube tray and I applied one ice cube every day on my skin. During the cold season, I couldn’t tolerate an ice cube on my face so instead of freezing this mixture, I stored it in a bottle and used it as a skin toner. My skin has greatly improved. I get less breakouts and it has helped in getting rid of acne scars. If you have sensitive skin then I would suggest you to be cautious as this vinegar is pretty harsh and you will have to dilute it in the ratio of 1:4.


Apple cider vinegar has been a saviour to my hair. I used to suffer from dandruff and after a year of using this vinegar, my dandruff has completely subsided. After washing your hair with shampoo and conditioner, mix 1 tbsp of this vinegar with water in a bath mug and pour this mixture on your scalp and hair. Let it sit for 2-3 minutes. Do not rinse again with water. I followed this method once a week and it worked for dandruff. If you feel that this method dries your scalp, then please avoid it. I actually had a dry scalp but this did not affect me in any way. Instead it got rid of dandruff.

Lastly, I also use apple cider vinegar soaked on a cotton pad on my knees. They were a bit darker than my actual skin tone. I applied apple cider vinegar on my knees half an hour before bath. This has helped in whitening my knees. You can also use it on your underarms the same way as I did on my knees.


Always make sure that you purchase the organic, raw, unfiltered apple cider vinegar that has the mother content (they look like fibers in the bottle) to get the best effect.

There are many benefits of using apple cider vinegar. You can google it and incorporate this vinegar in your lifestyle depending on your needs. The remedies which I have mentioned above are the ones that worked for me best.

Note: Just because apple cider vinegar worked for me, doesn't mean it will work for you. Please research thoroughly before using this product as it can have different effects on different people. 

If you have any questions please feel free to comment below.


No comments:

Post a Comment