Since I live in Goa, which is on the coast, the weather is humid most of the time. Winters are not so cold either. Therefore a good sunscreen is a must. I was looking out for a sweat resistant sunscreen as I tend to sweat a lot due to the humid weather. Sadly, most of the sunscreens failed to live up to my expectations. I have fair skin and therefore get tanned easily. Lotus Herbals have a good range of sunscreens which are good enough for my face but I don't prefer to use them on the body. One day I happened to talk to my aunt, who lives in the U.S. about sunscreens and she surprised me by sending me a sunscreen lotion for a trial. I must say, this sunscreen has really worked for me. Here is my take on the product.
The product comes in an off white tube with blue flip-cap which makes it easier to dispense the right amount of lotion and also shuts tightly. No fear of any leakage.
As you can see above, the lotion is white in colour.
MY EXPERIENCE WITH THE PRODUCT:
The formula is a nice creamy, quick absorbing, moisturizing SPF and does not leave a white cast. Daily use helps in removing tan and also prevents further skin darkening. This is great to use as a body sunscreen. This product is water resistant and it does not wear off when you sweat. It is a good choice since global warming has gotten worse. It protects against the sun's harmful rays which can cause skin damage. One major drawback of this lotion is that it makes my skin very oily within minutes of application, especially the face. I wouldn't recommend it for those with oily skin. You may want a more mattifying product. However, if you have dry skin then it's best for you. I also like that it doesn't have a fragrance, or at least, not a strong one. Although I used it on the face, I didn't get any breakouts. It feels greasy, so I don't prefer to use it on my face. But it is my favourite for the body.
1. Absorbs quickly
2. No fragrance
3. Sweat resistant
4. Prevents skin darkening and protects against both UVA and UVB
5. Didn't break me out
6. Great for those having dry skin
7. Excellent body sunscreen
1. A complete no-no for oily skinned people
2. Bottle is a bit bulky to carry around
Apart from these , I can't think of any other negative points.
I would rate this product 3.5/5
1. For added protection from the sun, wear sunglasses and hat.
2. Apply sunscreen under your clothes.
3. Buy a special sunscreen for your face based on your skin type.
4. Cream sunscreen is the best, not spray.
5. Even if you apply sunscreen, do not over expose yourself in the sun.
6. Generally, after applying sunscreen your skin will get a little darkened. To avoid this, apply sunscreen at least 20 minutes before getting out, to have the glow as well as the protection.